Do You Own Rental Units? Here Are Some Things to Think About!
Do you require your tenants to have renters insurance? Some of our companies offer a discount to landlords who REQUIRE renters insurance coverage.
- Insurance for older dwellings and buildings may ONLY rebuild to the original specs of the unit. If you have made improvements and upgrades, consider adding the BUILDING ORDINANCE OR LAW endorsement. This will provide protection from rising costs so you can bring your unit back up to code.
- The INCREASED COST ENDORSEMENT can be added to dwelling policies to cover additional costs to replace a home when the material costs are beyond what was expected.
- If you experience lost income due to the dwelling being uninhabitable after a covered loss, dwelling policies have a coverage called LOSS OF RENTS. This coverage will cover your lost rental income.
- LANDLORD LIABILITY coverage is typically included for rental properties. Do you have enough coverage? Make sure your liability coverage is enough to cover over your entire exposure, including property values.
- Other endorsements such as WATER BACK UP, EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN and SERVICE LINE COVERAGE are available!
- The best part is…there are lots of potential discounts!
CALL KANNEL INSURANCE TODAY AND LET US HELP YOU CHOOSE THE BEST COVERAGE!